Register for Upcoming Webinars
Beyond Adrenal Fatigue: Reframing our Understanding of Stress and the HPA Axis
Presented by: Tom Guilliams PhD | Apr 21, 2021 12:00 PM in Pacific Time (US and Canada)
For too long, complex stress-related changes to HPA axis function have been labeled as "adrenal fatigue." This outdated and incorrect nomenclature has often prevented clinicians from properly understanding how the HPA axis adapts to stressors and why simplistic solutions (i.e., adrenal support) are inadequate for most patients. Our knowledge of the stress response system, HPA axis maladaptation and the factors that influence glucocorticoid signaling have greatly advanced in just the past decade, though much of this knowledge is not well leveraged in most clinical practices. This webinar will reframe our orientation of stress in a way that focuses on the brain (rather than the adrenal gland), and shows that the stress response is not as linear as it is often perceived. While navigating through one of the premier resources to help clinicians understand the functional medicine approach to stress and the HPA axis, this lecture will also help re-frame the stress response within the larger (non-stress) functions performed by the HPA axis.
Comprehensive Hormone Health for Men
Presented by Laura Neville, ND | May 5, 2021 at 9:30 AM and 12 PM Pacific
- Understand the role of testosterone in men's health
- Understand andropause and the health impacts of "Low T"
- Review the roles of estrogen and progesterone in men's health
- Review the research on prostate cancer and cardiovascular health in regards to testosterone replacement
- Explore therapies to address hormonal changes in men
- Discuss risks and benefits of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)