Stress And The HPA Axis: Helping Your Patients Shift From Surviving to Thriving
Presented by Ruth Hobson, ND | April 5, 2023 at 9:30 AM and 12 PM Pacific
- Review healthy HPA axis regulation
- Discuss physiological adaptations within the HPA axis including phases of HPA axis dysfunction
- Discuss physiologic changes in the body due to HPA axis dysfunction
- Review testing options for HPA axis including diurnal cortisol, CAR and metabolites
- Gain tools to optimize HPA axis dysfunction once identified.
Testing Hormone Metabolites and Neurotransmitters: Considerations for Comprehensive Patient Support
Presented by Lylen Ferris, ND | April 19, 2023 at 12:30 PM Eastern
Patients are complex. Similar symptoms can be the result of many different, and individualized, neurotransmitter and hormone imbalances. Mental health challenges are not isolated in the brain alone. There are many factors affecting our mental wellbeing, and by assessing neurotransmitters and reproductive and adrenal hormones, we can get a more well-rounded understanding of how nutrition, digestion, inflammation, stress, metabolism, and methylation may be contributing to the symptom picture. Proper testing can be utilized to determine which therapeutics may be considered appropriate.
- Review enzyme activity and connections with hormone metabolism and neurotransmission
- Assess how influences on the HPA axis including chronic stress and inflammation can impact mood, sleep, cognition, weight and more
- Identify scenarios where considering neurotransmitter testing in conjunction with hormone metabolite testing would be appropriate, utilizing the Doctor's Data Hormone and Urinary Metabolites Assessment Profile, or HuMap™
- Introduce treatment options based on specific patient imbalances